Guidelines for the Resumption of Public Liturgical Services
Please remember to support Ss. Cyril and Methodius Church by mailing your weekly offerings! Our parish has financial obligations that still need to be met. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic: our Liturgical Services are celebrated by the Priest only (without the participation of the faithful). Our Annual Baked Haddock Fish Dinner has been CANCELED. Your financial support of our parish is needed now more than ever.
To read the letter from our Archbishop regarding offerings, please click here.
Divine Liturgy (Mass) Times
Sunday Divine Liturgies.
Saturday: 3:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am
Weekday Divine Liturgies
Monday - Friday: TBD
Holy Day Liturgies: TBD
Confessions: 1:00 pm
St. Cyril's Church
St. Cyril's Cemetery
Archieparchial Holy Thursday Services at Holy Myrhh-Bearers Ukrainian Catholic Church in Swarthmore, PA
On Thursday, March 29, 2018, the Archieparchial Holy Thursday Services were held in Holy Myrrh-Bearers Ukrainian Catholic Church in Swarthmore, PA. The YouTube video of these services can be found by clicking here.
Churches of the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia
Why I Come To Church
"Why I Come to Church" was produced by the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia. This video may be viewed on YouTube by clicking this link.
Public Liturgical Service to Resume
Lackawanna County in Pennsylvania is scheduled to enter into the yellow phase on Friday, June 5, 2020. This means that Public Services will resume next Saturday, June 6th. Until further notice, on Saturdays there will be Confessions at 1 pm, with the Divine Liturgy at 3 pm. On Sundays the Divine Liturgy will be at 10 am. This schedule has been made this way in order to allow us to properly sanitize the Church.
Our Archbishop has issued Guidelines for Opening Parish Churches and Resumption of Public Services on Sundays, Holy Days of Obligation and Weekdays. According to these Guidelines, we remind our Parishioners that:
- Everybody entering the Church is REQUIRED to wear a mask.
- Social Distancing is to be maintained between non-family members while in the pews, approaching to receive Holy Communion, or when moving around in the Church. This also means that there should be no "socializing" after Services.
- If you are sick, or do not feel well, PLEASE STAY HOME!
- Everyone is reminded to open their mouth wide and not bite down on the spoon when receiving Holy Communion. The spoon will be disinfected between Communicants.
- For those of you who are still not comfortable coming Church, or at high risk, the Dispensation from the Obligation to attend Church on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation remains in effect.
- We will continue to LIVESTREAM our services on Facebook and YouTube for a little while longer.
- We ask that you make your Sunday Collection donation by placing your offering into one of the boxes in front of the Church by the candles. At this time, there will be no one collecting.
We are all in this battle with the Coronavirus. Pray for each other. Together, if we do our part, we can defeat the Coronavirus!
Memorial Services at the Cemetery
Visit from St. Nicholas
Holy Year of Mercy Pilgrimage
Metropolitan Archbishop Stefan Soroka of the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia and Ukrainians in the USA attended the Divine Liturgy at 4:00 p.m on October 15, 2016 in Ss. Cyril and Methodius Ukrainian Catholic Church, Olyphant, Pa. Metropolitan Soroka was greeted at the Church doors by the youth of the Parish who were dressed in the traditional Ukrainian clothing.